|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician (Technical department)|
|Location:||Twickenham, Great London|
|Contract type:||Full time/permanent|
|Salary:||£21,000 – £28,000 per annum depending on experience plus paid overtime. *Overtime pay hourly basic rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. As part of the US based Clair Global group of companies we are now in an exciting period of growth and require an additional Warehouse Technician to join our fast paced Technical Department.
What will you do?
As a Warehouse Technician will be involved in all aspects of the running of the Technical Department. This includes managing, testing & maintaining all the relevant equipment which includes mixing consoles, signal processing equipment, digital consoles and associated I/O, networking equipment, speaker management systems, amplifiers, computers, tablets & other IT accessories.
The main job tasks will include:
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Department, other team members within the Technical Department, Prep/de-prep Dept and the Warehouse Manager regarding the preparation of equipment, specific requirements for each job and deadlines.
- Collaborating with the HOD and other members of the Technical Department to ensure the planning of resources and equipment is properly executed.
- Responsible for prepping & de-prepping all Departmental Equipment to a high standard, including:
- Testing, fault finding and evaluating all Departmental Equipment to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose (including PAT testing, firmware & software updates)
- Maintenance, cleaning, repairing & storing of all Departmental Equipment
- Taking full responsibility of any outgoing job as far as operational integrity and deadlines is concerned.
- Supplying technical support to warehouse staff, apprentices, and freelance crew (in the warehouse and remotely)
- Stock control using bespoke rental management software systems
- Managing staff working in the department
- Training staff and apprentices going through the department to contribute to their professional development and monitor their progress.
- Provide cover for other department staff members as required.
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of the department and the warehouse in general
Who are we looking for?
At Britannia Row we want to hire people with the ability to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable in a fast paced changing environment. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in gaining experience in the technical side of professional audio; with drive and ambition; with technical skills and a technical brain; someone who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
Everything we do is time critical, so the ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and at weekends, whilst maintaining very high standards is essential. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
What Skills and experience do we want?
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment and PA control systems.
- Some experience of working with live sound audio equipment
- Previous audio networking & IT skills desirable.
- Able to fault-find and problem solve independently.
- Computer/software literate
- Strong communication, organisational and planning skills
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Forward thinking: always looking to improve processes & procedures
- Experience of the Live Sound Industry
What do we offer?
- £21,000 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- One-site Parking
- Free tea, coffee & fruit
- Parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination
Standard working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday but you will may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.