|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician – Speakers & Rigging Department|
|Salary:||£22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience plus paid overtime|
|Overtime:||Paid overtime – basic hourly rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Britannia Row Productions is a world-class audio rental company supplying high-end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now seeking a Warehouse Technician to join our team in our Speakers and Rigging Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a background in Live events, exhibitions or broadcast.
What will you do?
You will be assisting the Head of Department and Supervisor in all aspects of the running of the Loudspeakers and Rigging Department in addition to other general warehouse duties designated by the Warehouse Manager
The main job tasks will be:
- Assisting in the fluid and smooth running of the department
- Assisting and ensuring the allocation of departmental equipment to jobs
- Stock control using current rental management software with a high degree of accuracy
- Preparing and managing department equipment before use on hire or jobs
- Ensuring prep is running smoothly and on time for the load out time
- De-prepping equipment after use on a job
- Testing and evaluating equipment to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose keeping up to date standards
- Maintenance, cleaning and repair of all department equipment and facilities
- To prioritise sub-hired equipment for return during de-prep
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Formal training to become a LOLER Rigging examiner
- In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- Assisting with the training staff going through the department and contributing to development, monitoring and procedures as per the HOD’s instructions
- Sourcing and then ordering spare parts and consumables through the HOD.
- Reporting to HOD/Supervisor/Warehouse Manager/Operations any incidents of damaged equipment, lost equipment, or missing equipment verbally or with email confirmation
- Keep department area & workshop clean, tidy & safe at all times
- Assist the Sales & Operations Team when necessary
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of the Warehouse
What skills and experience do we want?
- A general understanding of Rigging
- Some hands on experience working with live audio systems
- To use initiative to troubleshoot and problem solve
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Immaculate attention to detail, aspiring to the very highest standards in their work
- An appetite for learning with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and some weekends
What do we offer?
- £22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Paid overtime
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa Health Care Cash Plan Level 1
- Life Insurance – 4 x salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Complimentary tea, coffee & fruit
- Free parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination.
Our operating hours are 8am to 8pm. Normal working hours are 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, but you will be expected to work some shifts (8am-4pm and 12pm-8pm), some weekends and additional hours as the business requires. Overtime is paid at single rate Monday to Friday and at time and a half at weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK