|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician – Speakers and Rigging Department|
|Working Hours:||10 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Salary:||£22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience plus paid overtime|
|Overtime:||Paid overtime – basic hourly rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Britannia Row Productions is a world-class audio rental company supplying high-end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, and sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US-based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list are growing.
We are expanding our team of Warehouse technicians and we require an additional technician, or trainee technician in our Speakers and Rigging Department. This a fantastic opportunity for someone with a background in Live events, exhibitions or broadcasts.
What will you do?
To assist the Head of Department in all aspects of the running of the Loudspeakers and Rigging Department in addition to other general warehouse duties designated by the Warehouse Manager
The main job tasks will be:
- Assisting in the fluid and smooth running of the department
- Assisting and ensuring the allocation of departmental equipment to jobs
- Stock control using current rental management software with a high degree of accuracy
- Preparing and managing department equipment before use on hire or jobs
- Ensuring prep is running smoothly and on time for the load out time
- De-prepping and /or managing department equipment de-preparation after use on a job
- Testing and evaluating equipment to ensure all equipment is fit for the purpose keeping up to date standards
- Maintenance, cleaning and repair of all department equipment and facilities
- To prioritise Sub-hired equipment for return during de-prep
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Formal training to become a LOLER Rigging examiner
- In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- Assisting with the training staff going through the department and contributing to development, monitoring and procedures as per the HOD’s instructions
- Sourcing and then ordering spare parts and consumables through the H.O.D.
- Reporting to HOD/Warehouse Manager/Operations any incidents of damaged equipment, lost equipment, or missing equipment verbally or with email confirmation
- Keep department area & workshop clean, tidy & safe at all times
- Assist the Sales & Operations Team when necessary
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of the Warehouse
What skills and experience do we want?
- A general understanding of Rigging
- Some hands-on experience working with audio systems
- To use initiative to troubleshoot and problem solve
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Immaculate attention to detail, aspiring to the very highest standards in their work.
- An appetite for learning with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and some weekends
What do we offer?
- £22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday*
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa Health Care Cash Plan Level 1
- Life Insurance – 4 x salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Complimentary tea, coffee & fruit
- Free parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination.
*Standard working hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday but you may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whomever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and cover letter. Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK