|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician – Prep and De-Prep Department|
|Working Hours:||10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Salary:||£22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience plus paid overtime|
|Overtime:||Paid overtime – hourly basic rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing and we require additional Prep and De -prep Technicians in our Warehouse.
The prep and de-prep department is responsible for combining equipment from other internal departments and constructing bespoke audio systems for our valued clients. It is the department’s responsibility to ensure that all equipment is prepared, presented and assembled to our exact standards and fit for use at our live events. On its return, the department is there to ensure that all equipment is accounted for and returned to stock in a thorough and efficient manner.
What will you do?
This role is 100% warehouse based, focusing on the construction and deconstruction of all live sound control packages. You will co-operate with other warehouse departments and the Warehouse Manager to provide efficient, high quality bespoke audio systems for our clients and offer professional support to Freelance Crew and Client Crew.
The main job tasks will be:
- Liaising daily with Prep and De-prep Manger, Operations department and Warehouse Manager to ensure an understanding of the requirements of each job and deadlines
- Liaising daily with Prep and De-prep Manager helping to organise a team of people needed to handle the requirements of each job and deadlines
- Liaising daily with Head of Departments (HOD’s) to ensure that equipment is ready for Pre- prep and Prep
- Helping to organise the Pre-prep and De-prep area and ensuring space is available and allocated for each Prep
- Prioritising sub-hired and transfers equipment to check in/out with the help of HOD’s
- Prioritising the de-prep of any equipment necessary for upcoming jobs
Prep and De-prep
- Keeping Prep area & Warehouse clean, tidy & safe
- Prepping and/or managing equipment preparation throughout Pre-prep and Prep process, ensuring a high standard of work at all times
- Liaising with Freelance Crew and Client Crew, ensuring that systems are to the correct specification, whilst also reporting back to HODs, the Prep Manager and Operations any requested
- Helping build racks and control equipment during Pre-prep and Prep
- Maintaining a high level of quality and ensuring regulatory standards (UK/EU specific) are adhered to
- Helping ensure that prep is running smoothly, and that deadlines are met
- De-prepping and/or managing equipment in the De-prep, returning equipment for De-prep to the designated department
- Corralling and reporting on the whereabouts of any client equipment and goods to Warehouse Manager immediately during De-prep
- Stock control using current rental management software
- Supervising, managing and training of Warehouse Operatives and Apprentices
What skills and experience do we want?
- A general understanding of Audio Systems
- Some hands on experience of working with audio systems is desirable
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- An interest in electronics
- Attention to detail
- An appetite for learning with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and some weekends
The following backgrounds and experience are advantageous:
- Electronics, audio or computing degrees
- AV, electrical or network installers
- Experience in inventory management using a barcode system or similar
- DJ’s, studio or venue technicians.
- IT technicians with an interest in audio applications and systems
- Event or Hospitality crew that specialise in Audio systems
What do we offer?
- £22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday*
- Auto enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- On-site Parking
- Free tea, coffee & fruit
- Free Flu vaccination
- The opportunity to begin an exciting career in live audio with a company that invests in the progression of its employees
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.