|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician – Comms and Data Services Department|
|Working Hours:||10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Salary:||£21,750 per annum, depending on experience|
|Overtime:||Overtime paid at normal hourly rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
We are growing our Comms and Data Services team and now have an exciting opportunity to become a Warehouse Technician within our Comms and Data Services Department.
Britannia Row and Surfhire have over 30 years of experience and have established an enviable client list along with a reputation for supplying the best communications, and data systems for prestigious live and broadcast events worldwide. Falling under the Clair Global parent company, offer extended production services including on-site WiFi and Data integration; Event Communications; as well as exciting industry leading innovations.
Based in Twickenham, Middlesex, the Warehouse Technician will be reporting to the Comms and Data Service Manager
What will you do?
As a Warehouse Technician you will be involved in the tasks of booking radio spectrum for concerts and events, taking requests from sales and operations staff and interfacing with licensing authorities online and via email.
The main job tasks will be:
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Department and other team members within the department and formalise requests to local authorities in other territories.
- Use the OFCOM PMSE booking site along with COMREG e-licensing portal
- Being responsible for testing, fault-finding, servicing, maintenance, cleaning and quality control of equipment
- Track licensing progress and resolve costs between licensing and projects
- To build and improve workflows and systems used to book licensed radio channels
- Complete admin tasks along with technical needs including understanding and using the company IT systems
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of the department
Who are we looking for?
At Britannia Row we want to hire people with the ability to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable in a fast paced changing environment. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in gaining experience in the technical and admin side of licensing radio for professional audio; with drive and ambition; with some technical skills and a technical brain; someone who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
Everything we do is time critical, so the ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and at weekends, whilst maintaining very high standards is essential. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail and a “can do” attitude.
The ideal person will:
- Be self-motivated
- Be keen to Learn new skills
- Have Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, high pressure, team environment
- Have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Be willing to learn and expand skills, and keep up to date with technology updates
- Possess logical and systematic approaches to tasks
- Be able to use their initiative to problem solve, whilst working swiftly and accurately
- Basic IT networking skills
- Basic understanding of electronics and particularly RF systems (advantage)
What will you learn in this role?
This is an entry level warehouse position. All necessary skills will be taught while working in the Comms and Data Service department. Specifically:
- Basic radio theory and practical use within the company’s product range
- Coordinating frequencies using Wireless Workbench or IAS
- Spectrum licensing application process
- Proficient use the OFCOM PMSE booking site along with COMREG e-licensing portal
What do we offer?
- £21,750 per annum plus, depending on experience
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free tea, coffee & fruit
- Parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination
Standard working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday but you will may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK