Location: Twickenham, Greater London
Position Type: Permanent/full time
Due to an internal promotion, we now have an exciting opportunity to become a Warehouse Technician within our Cables Department.
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing and we are seeking high calibre staff to participate and contribute to our continued success.
Working in our busy warehouse, the Warehouse Technician will be part of our expanding Cables team.
As a Warehouse Technician your primary responsibilities and duties are:
- To test, clean, recoil, loom and put away all cables pre and post hire
- De-taping cables
- To clean and prepare equipment such as power distros, isolation transformers and any other department equipment
- Checking and reporting for any damages of equipment upon return from projects
- To ensure that equipment is correctly stored and labelled
- PAT testing
- Identifying damage in a cable and carrying out the necessary repair and/or soldering.
- Maintaining and updating our rental inventory software so that it reflects the status of our equipment at all times
- Fork lift driving
- Delegating tasks within the department to the Warehouse Operatives, Apprentices and local crew
- Train and mentor Warehouse Operatives and Apprentices as and when required
Additional duties include loading and unloading of trucks when required, hand painting metalwork and woodwork and the use of internal I.T software. You will also need to comply with health and safety procedures at all times.
This is an entry level Warehouse position. Ideally you will work towards a competency in carrying out fault finding investigation, repair faulty cables and panels, terminating and soldering new cables and multi-pin panels and the inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
You will need a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including maths and English, a passion for technical work with a technical brain to match, strong written and verbal communication, the desire to work as part of a cohesive team and the ability to work independently with a customer focus and attention to detail. You must thrive under pressure and be ambitious to learn and deliver great results which may require you to work some extended hours or weekends.
What do we offer?
- 28 days’ holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
Standard working hours are 35 per week Monday to Friday.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join world-class audio production company with ambitious growth plans
- The opportunity to become part of collaborative, friendly and productive team
- The chance to develop and progress your skills, knowledge and experience
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
So if this sounds like you and you have some knowledge or exposure to the electrical industry combined with passion, energy and drive to do a job well, then send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org