|Job Title:||Warehouse Operative|
|Reporting to:||Warehouse Manager|
|Contract type:||Zero Hour Contract|
Main purpose of job is:
This is a manual position based in our large, busy audio rental warehouse. You will be assisting our Heads of Technical departments and technicians in ensuring that all equipment for rental jobs is cleaned, prepared and ready for dispatch. You may be required to work in any of the technical departments, including: Cables, Amplifiers, Speakers and Rigging, Digital, Comms and RF, Technical and Maintenance Department and Prep Bay. You will learn on the job by working within these technical departments. You may be required to work from early in the morning or until late into the evening.
The main job tasks will be:
Tasks in the Warehouse technical departments will include;
- Assisting in loading and unloading of equipment into and out of delivery trucks.
- Cleaning and spooling cables and painting speakers.
- Following Warehouse procedures for checking equipment in and out of the Warehouse, checking the validity of safety tests, informing the supervisor of any returned damaged or missing items or equipment
- Maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of the warehouse and yard.
- Stock Check – reporting into the Inventory Manager to assist with annual stock check.
- Administrative tasks as required.
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth running of the Warehouse.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a BTech National Foundation Diploma in Audio Technology or Electronics or I.T or equivalent
- Previous “hands –on “live audio experience is desirable
- Basic I.T skills, including email and word processing
Personal qualities and behaviours
The ideal candidate will need the ability to work within various team environments, under pressure and to tight deadlines. A safe working attitude and an appreciation of others is crucial.
- A willingness to take instruction
- The drive and determination to complete the work on time to the company standard
- A responsible attitude and behaviour to safety – specifically regarding working with electricity, heights, manual handling and noise.
- The ability to adapt to change with enthusiasm
- An appetite to work unsocial hours, including weekends
- Punctuality, reliability and personal responsibility
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a positive “can do” attitude
- An effective communicator
Things to consider
You should live within a reasonable distance of the workplace.
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org