Contract type: Zero Hour Contract
Hourly rate: £9.75
For over 40 years, Britannia Row Productions has been a dynamic world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment with skilled audio engineers and technicians that continues to innovate and grow. In 2017 we became part of the US based Clair Global group of companies, thereby extending our global reach and client list.
We currently have entry level vacancies for people with a keen interest in live sound technology to work in our large, fast paced audio rental warehouse as Warehouse Operatives. Our impressive warehouse is stocked with state of the art audio equipment and technologies and you will be assisting our Heads of Department with all aspects of the maintenance and preparation of this equipment in readiness for dispatch to live events. You may be required to work in any of the warehouse departments including: Mains and Cables, Speaker and Rigging, Amplifiers, Technical, RF & Comms and the prep and de-prep department.
What will you be doing?
As a Warehouse Operative you can be allocated to any of our specialised departments and you will learn about our standards, processes and equipment and have the opportunity to enhance your technical knowledge and skills. The main tasks will include:
- Professionally loading and unloading equipment onto trucks.
- Helping with various tasks in the Maintenance Department
- Helping with prep and de-prep of cable trunks, cleaning cables, looming and de-looming
- Assisting with cleaning and testing of equipment racks and mixing consoles
- Cleaning, testing and properly packaging microphones and RF equipment
- Preparing and de-preparing mic stands
- Testing, cleaning & maintaining loudspeaker and rigging equipment
- Assisting with setting up, testing and assembly our bespoke audio system prior to load out
- Maintaining a safe, tidy and clean workspace and warehouse
You will be self-motivated individuals with a positive “can-do” attitude, an engaging personality with the ability to successfully interact and communicate with others in a team. Possess a passion for technical work and a technical brain alongside a flexible mind-set.
- You will be willing to take instruction and adapt to change with enthusiasm
- Have an appetite to work sometimes long or unsocial hours, including weekends
- You will be punctual, reliable and have a professional and safe working attitude
- You will have ambition and drive to progress and flourish in the audio industry
- Hold a minimum of either “A” level or BTEC Level 3 qualifications in Audio Technology, Electronics, Mathematics, I.T, Physics or equivalent. A degree is desirable.
- Previous experience of working at live events is essential.
So if you want to work with extraordinary people, whose innovation and problem solving skills create crystal clear audio systems for established and emerging artists, special events, corporate and sports events then send your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this opportunity.
Applications must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 8th March 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a recruitment afternoon on Monday 16th March 2020
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours: Standard day is 7 working hours, with shift patterns of 8am to 4pm, 10am to 6pm & 1pm to 9pm, plus overtime and weekends.
Daily Rate: £68.25
Overtime: Paid at single rate
Contract type: Zero Hour Contract
Benefits: Auto enrolment pension, pro-rata paid holidays equivalent to 20 days’ holiday plus 8 days’ bank holiday