|Job Title:||Warehouse Operative|
|Reporting to:||Warehouse Manager|
|Contract type:||Zero Hour Contract|
The main purpose of the job is:
This is a manual position based in our large, busy audio rental warehouse. You will be assisting our Heads of Technical departments and technicians in ensuring that all equipment for rental jobs is cleaned, prepared and ready for dispatch. You may be required to work in any of the technical departments, including Cables, Amplifiers, Speakers and Rigging, Digital, Comms and RF, Technical and Maintenance departments and Prep Bay. You will learn on the job by working within these technical departments. You may be required to work from early in the morning or until late into the evening.
The main job tasks will be:
Tasks in the Warehouse technical departments will include;
- Assisting in loading and unloading equipment into and out of delivery trucks.
- Cleaning, spooling cables and painting speakers.
- Following Warehouse procedures for checking equipment in and out of the Warehouse, checking the validity of safety tests, and informing the supervisor of any returned damaged or missing items or equipment.
- Maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of the warehouse and yard.
- Stock Check – reporting to the Inventory Manager to assist with the annual stock check.
- Administrative tasks as required.
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth running of the Warehouse.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a BTech National Foundation Diploma in Audio Technology or Electronics or I.T or equivalent
- Previous hands-on live audio experience is desirable
- Basic I.T skills, including email and word processing
Personal qualities and behaviours
The ideal candidate will need the ability to work within various team environments, under pressure and to tight deadlines. A safe working attitude and appreciation of others are crucial.
- A willingness to take instruction
- The drive and determination to complete the work on time to the company standard
- A responsible attitude and behaviour to safety – specifically regarding working with electricity, heights, manual handling and noise.
- The ability to adapt to change with enthusiasm
- An appetite to work unsocial hours, including weekends
- Punctuality, reliability and personal responsibility
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive “can do” attitude
- An effective communicator
Things to consider
It is advisable to live within a reasonable distance of the workplace.
What do we offer?
- Hourly rate £11.95 per hour
- For every 10 hours worked, you will be entitled to 73 minutes of paid holiday
- Standard working hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday but you may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Complimentary tea, coffee & fruit
- Free parking on-site
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whomever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every skill listed in the job’s requirements. So, if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.