|Job Title:||Transport & Logistics Coordinator|
|Location:||Twickenham, Great London|
|Contract type:||Full time/permanent|
|Salary:||£26,000 – £30,000, depending on experience|
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Operations Team at Britannia Row Productions as Transport & Logistics Coordinator. This is a fantastic role for someone looking for a career in Logistics offering the right candidate a chance to showcase your skills – every project is different, and you’ll be working with a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen.
What will you do?
Working alongside the Operations Co-ordinators this role covers a wide breadth of responsibilities with specific focus on logistical tasks. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will help ensure the smooth & efficient running of all equipment logistical moves from start to finish. Your primary focus will be organising all equipment transport and you will act as the main point of contact for any logistics and fulfilment queries.
The main job tasks will be:
The Operations department is a very busy and exciting department at the heart of Britannia Row’s Operation and the main candidate responsibilities are:
- Source, negotiate and organise trucking, air/sea freight and any other logistical moves required for Projects and Intercompany shipments.
- Manage bookings of domestic and international courier shipments (eg FedEx) and same day local couriers.
- Consults with Operations team and Warehouse Manager to plan truck movements in line with client requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor truck movements to maximise efficiency and maintain safety in the yard.
- Process paperwork and maintain all files relating to the Operations department e.g. producing ATA carnets & manifests, software emulated truck packs, job archiving etc.
- Maintain an open dialogue within the department and with other departmental staff to facilitate performance, processes and productivity e.g. sales team, warehouse staff, crew
What skills and experience do we want?
- Must have at least 2 – 3 years’ experience in logistics and operations management.
- Have solid ATA carnet experience.
- Proven knowledge in Freight & EU / International Logistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great IT skills and the appetite to become competent with in-house systems is a must.
- A background in the Event Industry is advantageous but not essential.
- We are looking for someone with drive and ambition; someone with an innovative way of doing things; who understand the importance of the commercial viability of their plans, someone who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
- You will need to be a confident in your abilities, be reliable, possess a logical and systematic approach to work whilst meeting strict deadlines and have excellent organisational, planning and management skills.
- Everything we do is time critical, so the ability to work calmly, efficiently and sometimes for extended hours is essential whilst maintaining very high standards.
- It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail and accuracy, who thrives under pressure in a fast paced environment and can be adaptable to ever moving goal posts and priorities.
What do we offer?
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination
- Working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Standard working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday but you may need to work extended hours.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.