Location: Twickenham, Greater London
Salary: Dependent on experience
Position Type: Permanent/full time
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing.
The Prep and De-prep department is responsible for combining equipment from other internal departments and constructing bespoke audio systems for our valued clients. It is the departments responsibility to ensure that all equipment is prepared, presented and assembled to our exacting standards and fit for use at our live events.
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Warehouse Technician based in our Prep and De-prep Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking to further develop their knowledge, refine their technical skills to make up a fantastic all-round live sound technician.
Reporting to the Prep and De-Prep Head of Department this position covers a wide breadth of responsibilities:
- Liaise with The Warehouse Manager, Prep Manager, Technical department and Operations department regarding equipment specifications and preparation.
- Prep and set up equipment to the highest standard in Britannia Row premises ready to go to site
- Work with members of the Prep and De-Prep team to ensure a “right first time” process is achieved
- De-Prep and test equipment, returning it to the designated department
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Prioritise sub-hired equipment for return during De-Prep and Prep
- Stock control using current rental management software
As a senior Technician this role encompasses managerial responsibilities such as training and supervising junior staff, ensuring that the prep bay is organised and equipment is correctly stored, reporting incidents of damaged or lost equipment and ensuring that staff adhere to health and safety procedures.
As a highly technical role, the following experience is essential:
- Interpreting design documents such as Input / Output patch lists, Stage plots etc
- Good knowledge of networking using TCP/IP
- Good understanding of Digital Audio Protocols such as Madi, Dante, AVB.
- Experience in using Wireless Professional Audio with a good understanding of key principles
- Working knowledge of Professional Audio Consoles such as Digico SSL Avid with a confidence in loading / patching show files.
- Computer literacy with DAW software and Plug in systems (Waves/UAD)
- A fundamental grounding in signal flow with the ability to constructively fault find signal
You will to have a keen interest in gaining more experience in the technical and operational side of professional audio; with drive and ambition; with technical skills and a technical brain.
At Britannia Row we want to hire people with the ability to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable in a fast-paced changing environment.
Everything we do is time critical, so you must possess the ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and at weekends, whilst maintaining very high standards. It goes without saying that you will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude.
You will need to be confident in your abilities, reliable, and possess a logical and systematic approach to work whilst meeting strict deadlines.
You will need educational qualifications to A’ level, BTEC level 3 or equivalent. Strong IT skills and the appetite to become competent with in-house systems is a must together with a strong command of both verbal and written English.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Dependent on experience
- Standard Working hours, 35 per week Monday to Friday
- Paid overtime
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Auto enrol pension scheme
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be based in and eligible to work in the UK.