Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Maintenance Department
Location: Twickenham, Greater London
Salary: Starting from £18,500 per annum, depending on experience
Position Type: Permanent/full time
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing.
Due to an internal promotion, we now have a vacancy for a Maintenance Assistant in the Maintenance department.
The Maintenance Department carries out repairs and maintenance on a range of equipment, including flight cases, rack units, panels and mic stands in preparation for leaving the Warehouse and also on its return.
The department works with a variety of materials including wood, metal, plastics and laminates and the work involves cutting, welding of metal, sanding and spray painting alongside bespoke packaging design.
Key Responsibilities and duties
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Maintenance Team. As a general support role, you will work closely with and report to, the Head of Department. As this position covers a wide breadth of responsibilities, you will also work collaboratively with other warehouse staff regarding the repair, maintenance and preparation of equipment whilst ensuring that a high quality of output is consistently maintained across all projects.
- Repairing flight cases both inside and outside to ensure they leave the warehouse in a functional condition, and repairing trim, catches, handles, hinges and wheels
- Spray painting flight cases with enamel two pack and water-based paints/spray cans to achieve a smart and professional appearance.
- Preparing microphone stands prior to dispatch, including cleaning and respraying.
- Woodwork, including cutting sanding, routing and filling.
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings if required.
- Keeping workshop clean, tidy & safe, ensuring that equipment is stored in the correct place
- You may be required to deputise for the Head of Department when he is absent.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone familiar with the working practices of a modern workshop environment, with strong I.T skills and an appetite to become competent with in-house systems and a clear command of both verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of and exposure to, working with materials from wood, laminates, metal and plastics.
- Exceptional finishing skills
- Experience of working with water based and enamel paints and proficient in painting and spray painting
- Familiarity with power tools, including drills, jigsaws, routers etc
- The ability to interpret modern drawing packages such as AutoCAD for viewing schematics is advantageous.
- A level or BTEC qualifications
At Britannia Row Productions we want to hire people with the ability to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable in a fast-paced changing environment. Someone who is unfazed by unpredictable workloads, changing demands and re-prioritising according to shifting deadlines.
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest and enthusiasm for hands on work with different materials, someone who takes a pride in the quality of their work. Someone with a proactive and resourceful outlook with the ability to solve problems. We require someone who is personable, friendly and can work collaboratively with other warehouse staff.
Everything we do is time critical, so the ability to work efficiently and, on occasion, for extended hours and at weekends, whilst maintaining very high standards is essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting from £18,500 per annum depending on experience
- 35 hours per week, 10am – 6pm
- Paid overtime
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Auto enrol pension scheme
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be based in and eligible to work in the UK.