|Job Title:||Experienced Warehouse Technician – Prep & De-Prep Department|
|Salary:||£25,000 – £32,000 per annum, dependent on experience plus paid overtime|
|Overtime:||Paid overtime – basic hourly rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting, and corporate events. Now part of the US based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing, and we require an experienced technician to join our Prep and De-Prep Team.
The Prep and De-prep department is responsible for combining equipment from other internal departments and constructing bespoke audio systems for our valued clients. It is the department’s responsibility to ensure that all equipment is prepared, presented and assembled to our exacting standards and fit for use at our live events.
What will you do?
You will support every aspect of the preparation of audio equipment for live concerts, tours, and corporate events. Co-operating with other warehouse departments, Heads of Department, and the Warehouse Manager to provide efficient, high quality bespoke audio systems for our clients and offer professional support to Freelance and Client Crew. The experienced technician role requires responsibility for supporting the department with the more complex procedures and assisting the prep technicians in troubleshooting systems.
The main job tasks will be:
- Liaising daily with Prep and De-prep Manager, Operations department and Warehouse Manager to ensure an understanding of the requirements of each job and deadlines.
- Liaising daily with the Prep and De-prep Manager helping to organise a team of people needed to handle the requirements of each job and deadlines.
- Liaising daily with the Head of Departments (HOD’s) to ensure that equipment is ready for Pre-prep and Prep.
- Helping to organise the Pre-prep and De-prep area and ensuring space is available and allocated for each Prep.
- Prioritising sub-hired and transfers equipment to check in/out with the help of the HOD’s.
- Prioritising the de-prep of any equipment necessary for upcoming jobs.
- Analysing and interpreting technical documents provided by clients in order to build systems to specification.
- Assisting operations coordinators by feeding back potential improvements or optimisations of audio systems once technical information has been analysed.
Prep and De-prep
- Keeping the Prep area and warehouse clean, tidy, and safe.
- Prepping and/or managing equipment preparation throughout the Pre-prep and Prep process, always ensuring a high standard of work.
- Helping build racks and systems of control equipment during the Pre-prep and Prep process.
- Taking responsibility for the more complex processes of the prep department.
- Maintaining a high level of quality and ensuring regulatory standards (UK/EU specific) are adhered to.
- Working with other departments to test all audio equipment and systems once the build is complete.
- Help ensure that prep is running smoothly and that deadlines are met.
- De-prepping and/or managing equipment in the De-prep, returning equipment for Re-prep to the designated department.
- Corralling and reporting on the whereabouts of any client equipment and goods to the Warehouse Manager immediately during De-prep.
- Stock control using current rental management software.
- Supervising, managing, and training of Prep and De-Prep Technicians, Warehouse Operatives and Apprentices.
What are we looking for:
- At least 3-5 years experience of working with audio systems in a professional capacity, ideally at large venues.
- Experience working in a live sound production warehouse.
- Experience working with the following systems (DiGiCo, Yamaha, Avid, Allen & Heath, SSL and Midas)
- Familiarity with setting up and troubleshooting Waves and UAD systems.
- Dante, AVB or other Audio over IP protocol experience/certification.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a focused and efficient manner.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended hours and some weekends.
The following would be advantageous, however, on-the-job training will be provided:
- Electronics, audio or computing degrees.
- Experience installing AV, electrical or IT network equipment.
- Experience in inventory management using a barcode system or similar.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Lake Controller
- LA Network Manager
- Shure Wireless Workbench
- Wisycom Manager
- Waves SuperRack Soundgrid
- UAD Live Rack
- Aviom Systems
- Globcon (DirectOut)
What do we offer?
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday*
- Training and professional development – Britannia Row is a company that believes highly in internal progression and promotion
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- On-site Parking
- Complimentary tea, coffee & fruit
- Free Flu vaccination
*Standard working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday but you may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you are from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people do not apply for a job because they do not have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So, if you are interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.