|Job Title:||Amplifier and Drive System Supervisor – Technical Department|
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. As part of the US based Clair Global group of companies, we are now in an exciting period of growth and require a Amplifier and Drive System Supervisor to join our fast-paced Technical Department
What will you do?
Reporting to the Head of Technical and the Warehouse Manager, the Supervisor will be involved in all aspects of running the Technical Department, specialising in our Amplifier and Drive System sub-department. You will supervise and provide support to the junior members of the department and deputise in the absence of the HOD.
The main job tasks will include:
- Collaborating with the Head of Department to ensure the allocation of equipment to various projects
- Responsible for preparing Amplifier and Drive equipment to a high departmental standard prior to use on jobs, including: testing, fault finding, evaluating, maintenance, cleaning and repair of all the inventory within the department to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose
- Responsible for de-prepping equipment after use on jobs including; testing, fault finding and evaluating to ensure all equipment is returned to storage in good working order
- Supplying technical support to warehouse staff and freelance crew
- Stock control using bespoke rental management software systems
- PAT Testing
- Supervising staff working in the department
- Training and monitoring apprentices and warehouse operatives who are placed in the department to contribute to their professional development.
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of a busy Warehouse
- Deputise for the HOD in their absence
Who are we looking for?
At Britannia Row we want to hire people with the ability to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment. We are looking for someone keen to gain experience in the technical side of professional audio. We want to see drive and ambition, technical aptitude and someone who will help us grow our organisation further to take it from strength to strength.
Everything we do is time critical, so the ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and at weekends, whilst maintaining very high standards is essential. The right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail and a “can do” attitude.
What Skills and experience do we want?
- Computer/software literate
- Previous electronics knowledge
- Knowledge of Live Sound industry
- I.T. and networking skills
- Previous experience working with large format Loudspeakers and Drive Systems
- Be familiar with all major loudspeaker brands and product ranges
- Knowledge of digital consoles, networking, and Pro Audio equipment
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and expand skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to fault-find and problem solve independently
- Attention to detail
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
What do we offer?
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- One-site Parking
- Free tea, coffee & fruit
- Parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccinations
Our operating hours are 8am to 8pm. Normal working hours are 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, but you will be expected to work some shifts (8am-4pm and 12pm-8pm), some weekends and additional hours as the business requires.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you are a good fit and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK