Job Title: Accountant
Location Twickenham, Greater London
Britannia Row Productions is a world class audio rental company, supplying high end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, sporting and corporate events. As part of the US based Clair Global group of companies, our business is optimistic about future growth.
This exciting new position has been created to support the growth strategy moving forwards and to underpin the wider financial stability of the business through robust processes and systems. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for a range of accounts duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing and submission of quarterly MTD VAT Returns and payments for 4 companies, including Irish MOSS Return, reviewing invoices for correct VAT coding, monthly reconciliation of control account and VAT Box 6 to turnover.
- Preparing payroll for 3 companies, including checking reports, timesheets, payroll journals and accruals, monthly rebills and reconciliation of payroll control accounts.
- Wages/Salary schedules and reconciliations including job costing and overtime.
- Pension contributions management and payments for 3 companies, including reconciliation of control accounts.
- Monthly PAYE control account reconciliations and payments.
- Updating weekly sales quotes
- P11D schedules and submissions for 3 companies.
- Statutory Returns including National Statistics Returns and Instrastats for 4 companies.
- Full responsibility for transactions and reporting for 3 SMEs – including Management Accounts, job costing and audit schedules.
- Full responsibility for Fixed Asset accounting for 4 companies – Additions, Disposals, Write offs, Depreciation, monthly reporting to Parent Company, Fixed Asset Note for audit and maintenance of Asset Database.
- This is a new role and duties and responsibilities may evolve over time.
Accounting Skills, knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience VAT Reporting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience Payroll, including pensions
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on Fixed Asset reporting
- Experience doing SME Management/Financial Accounts
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel (minimum of vlookups and pivot tables)
Personal Skills and attributes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build positive working relationships
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce consistently accurate work
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Experienced in working to and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
Salary and Benefits
- Standard Working hours, 35 per week Monday to Friday
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Initially this role will be 4 days per week, increasing to 5 days at a later date
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV, covering letter and examples or links to your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the contact details of two referees. References will only be taken if a job offer is made.
Applicants must be based in and eligible to work in the UK.