|Job Title:||Warehouse Technician – Cables and Mains Department|
|Working Hours:||10 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Salary:||£22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience plus paid overtime|
|Overtime:||Paid overtime – basic hourly rate Monday-Friday, and time and a half on weekends|
Due to continued business growth, we have a new, exciting position as a Warehouse Technician within our Cables and Mains Department.
Britannia Row Productions is a world-class audio rental company supplying high-end audio equipment and skilled audio engineers to global music tours, and sporting and corporate events. Now part of the US-based Clair Global group of companies our business and impressive client list is growing and we are seeking high-calibre staff to participate and contribute to our continued success.
Working in our busy warehouse, the Warehouse Technician will be part of our expanding Cables and Mains team.
What will you do?
your primary responsibilities and duties will be:
- Clean and prepare equipment such as power distros, isolation transformers and any other department equipment
- To test, clean, remove tape, recoil, loom, and put away all cables pre and post-hire
- Checking and reporting for any damages to equipment upon return from projects
- Ensure that equipment is correctly stored and labelled
- In-service inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- Making new cables when required
- Providing Mains Plot diagram when requested
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Fault-finding and problem-solving
- Delegating tasks within the department to Apprentices, warehouse operatives, and local crew
- Monitoring emails and Finesse for any changes and update to jobs being prepped
- Overseeing and quality control for other operatives working in the department
- Communicate shortages or other issues/concerns to H.O.D., Warehouse Manager & Operations Department
- Stock control using current rental management software
- Inventory additions and barcoding new equipment
- Forklift driving – when training provided
- Any other work deemed necessary for the smooth running of the departments and warehouse.
What skills and experience we are looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs, including maths and English
- A passion for technical work with a technical brain to match
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Understanding of electrical wiring regulations – beneficial
- In-service inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) – beneficial
- Soldering experience is a must
- Ability to read electrical diagrams and schematics
- Additional duties include loading and unloading trucks when required, hand painting metalwork and woodwork and the use of internal I.T software. You will also need to comply with health and safety procedures at all times.
- An appetite for learning with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work efficiently and, on occasion for extended hours and some weekends
- The desire to work as part of a cohesive team and the ability to work independently.
- Laser sharp attention to detail
- You must thrive under pressure and be ambitious to learn and deliver great results
What do we offer?
- £22,850 – £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Paid overtime – Hourly basic rate of pay Monday-Friday and time and a half on weekends
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Working hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday*
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – 4% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee Contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa Health Care Cash Plan Level 1
- Life Insurance – 4 x salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Complimentary tea, coffee & fruit
- Free parking on-site
- Free Flu vaccination.
*Standard working hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday but you may need to work extended hours and some weekends.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Britannia Row wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. So, if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a new challenge, then send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job title and where you saw the job advertised.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.